Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Fun

I love Fridays. They just have a certain air about them. Almost carefree since the weekend -does- hold the promise of said freedom. Well, for most people. For small business owners, the weekend is usually just as busy as any weekday.

Today was the first Friday of February and I had my day planned out perfectly. I always start out overly ambitious and then never accomplish everything since I'm just a one person show. I know I'm definitely not alone in this but doesn't it get frustrating sometimes?!

I had big plans for today but thanks to missing my alarm I ended up with two hours extra sleep (heaven) which made me feel behind despite being more rested. And then my dog was mildly ill. I feel terrible when they don't feel good. They cant tell you whats wrong like a child can, they just stare at you with huge sad eyes and shiver. Anyway, he's fine now. Isn't he sweet?



I've been spending more time on the costuming side of my work lately. I neglected it over the last few months since I got so busy with the Holidays so now I'm diving back in. Here's a sneak peek of the Regency open robe I'm working on:

I didn't want to weigh this one down with lots of trims and embellishments so I opted for some delicate stitches instead.

Sleeves, for some reason they're the parts I procrastinate over the most. 

Tonight I'm also working on some new crocheted pieces for Di Nuovo. I bought a new crochet hook in a size I didn't have and I'm way too excited about that. ;-)

And that's my day in a nutshell! 



No comments:

Ę