Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 3... Feels like 30...

Last Saturday we were up at Laguna Seca for the American Le Mans race. Its one of my favorite races of the season (yes we're more apt to refer to summer as "the race season"). If you've never been to a race, well its awesome. I <3 loud fast cars. I always assume that's inherited from my dad. He loves car racing so much he dragged my poor mom to them while she was pregnant with me! I actually don't know how my mom feels about racing in general but that's another story.

It was a fun day despite the crazy hills/hiking, heat and mystery bug that I found on my arm and freaked out over. I swear it was almost two inches long but in between laughing fits my S.O. claims it was more like an inch. All I saw was a jet black leggy creature strolling its way up my arm.

My favorite car of the day. It was so shiny! *bling*
We were carrying backpack chairs, a cooler, and camera gear so I was positive I was getting a crazy workout in. My Fitbit stats for the end of the day were: 
12,188 steps taken
5.41 miles walked
2,027 calories burned
55 stairs climbed
(I think the calories might be slightly off though cause of all the weight carried.)

I was positive that after all the exercise of the day plus working out every day except Sunday, since my last weigh-in and measurements, I would see results in this week's measurements. Wrong. I've only lost .5 inches in my hips and arms since the last time! I have to say its pretty discouraging. I know I have been short a few hundred calories a day for my set goal. I'll try eating more this week and see if that helps. We've been walking every day and sometimes I go for a bike ride too, plus I'm still doing weights. My actual weight hasn't changed much in weeks. I just fluctuate up or down a pound. It feels like a lot of hard work without much reward but I'll keep going! I'm at least to the point where I'm starting to look forward to working out now!

No comments:

Ę